The Groupe Anesthésie-Réanimation is an association of eleven specialists
in anaesthesiology - intensive care medicine and emergency care, attached
to the Centre Hospitalier Emile Mayrisch
(CHEM) and consulting in their Medical
Consultation in Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg.
The aim of our association of medical specialists is to provide qualified
care to the patient all around the clock for hospital, prehospital or
The great variety of our tasks as well as the constant adaptation to
new diagnostic and therapeutic methods are better guaranteed in a team
of specialists in close cooperation.
Our tasks cover:
In our medical consultation in Esch-sur-Alzette:
- Preoperative evaluation of anaesthesia risk and the adequate
method before surgery or diagnostic intervention needing anaesthesia
- Evaluation and information before epidural anaesthesia for
- Evaluation and treatment of chronic pain (in collaboration
with other specialists)
- Evaluation and preparation of autologous blood transfusion
( autologous blood donation) before major surgery with an important
risk of blood transfusion.
In the Centre Hospitalier Emile
Mayrisch (CHEM) :
- realization of all kinds of general and regional anaesthesia, including
epidural and spinal anaesthesia
- critical care of severely ill patients on our intensive care unit
(Service de Réanimation)
- participation in emergency medicine for critically ill patients within
the Emergency Ward of the HVEA (Service des Urgences)
- the treatment of acute postoperative and chronic pain
- participation in prehospital emergency medicine in the southern part
of Luxembourg (SAMU Sud)
- organization and realization of autologous blood transfusion
(autologous blood donation)
- organization and realization of ambulatory or in-hospital treatment
by hyper baric Oxygenation in our hyper baric chamber within
the scope of the "Centre National d'Oxygénothérapie hyperbare"
|Information for English visitors:
||The English version of the GAR-site
does not contain the same information as the German
and French versions. Not all available categories have been
translated at the moment.